Friday, March 25, 2011

California Recap + Thrifted Love

To be honest, I didn't really take too many pictures. Mostly on account of forgetting to pack my camera battery :( Though I'm not sure how much of an excuse that would have been, because when I spend time with Robert, most of my focus is with us. We've been long distance for almost three years now; each moment spent is counted and precious. There's so many more things I meant to take pictures of, but didn't.

triprecap_1

He plays classical guitar. I learned to play Ode to Joy & It's a Small World. I felt so silly playing such childish songs. But I guess you've got to start somewhere. I wanted to be involved in music when I was young, but couldn't because I did gymnastics every single weekday after school--even left school every day.

triprecap_2

We go to the pier every time I visit. It's the romantic couple thing to do in Ventura.

triprecap_3

Cafe 126. Amazing greasy diner food.

triprecap_4

triprecap_5

On one of the days it rained. It rained a lot. Like, crazy crazy rain. I wore a recently thrifted, comfy pink and white sweater. We drove up to Ojai, a silly little town close to Ventura, went to a little coffee shop, ate at a cafe and thrifted that day. Perfect outfit for that.

triprecap_6

:)

triprecap_7

pretty little five minute "hike" we took on my last day.

And now, for two of my favorite things I acquired thrifting. A jewelry box, which was something I set out looking for. It was the perfect size, in excellent condition, and only five dollars. I bought way too much clothing to post up right now. Maybe later. Or maybe you'll just see it all in outfit posts.

triprecap_8

oh, and when you open the top, the rest of the drawers come open too.

triprecap_9

and... I am using this cup this very moment to drink my tea. I love all the little illustrations.

triprecap_10

I'm a bit sad to be back home now. But I'm looking forward to Spring term, re-finding myself after selling my soul to Architecture, and actually spending time with friends & family. And Robert is done with school in three months. He'll be home in Portland for good then. I already consider us having made it past the last three months of long distance. I can't see anything that could break us now.

4 comments:

  1. Awe this sounds lovely! I love my manfriend:) I play classical guitar too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lovely times! :) Your relationship must be strong, you're both very lucky!

    I love your blog by the way, the outfits as well as the art-architecture interest, will be coming back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you two. I always thought you were the cutest couple in high school, and now I know it. :) Glad you had such a good time! And super super glad he's coming home soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message. It means a lot, and I don't take it lightly. Each one makes me smile--though I won't just follow you simply if you follow me. So please don't ask.

By default, I take a look at every single person that comments.